Wednesday, May 8, 2013

2014 Interview

1.  Who did you interview and what house are they in?
Victor Diaz
West House

2.  What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

"I'm not really sure."

-So you don't have any clue as to what you want to do for your project?
"Not really."

-Ok, so that's ok cause when I was in your shoes last year, I had no clue either. So don't feel stressed, but let's start with interests, do you have anything you really enjoy doing?
"I enjoy writing stories and playing video games I guess."

-What kind of stories do you like writing?
"Fiction mostly. I just like to write sometimes."

-Ok that's cool. So now you know some things you enjoy. It's always a good thing to pick a senior project that you would enjoy cause remember you would be spending the entire year on it.

"Ok."

3.  What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?
"I have no clue."

-Once again, try to find something you like. The purpose of the summer is for you to try new things, so try different topics. You like writing and video games, so maybe try to get into a writing group or meet a game designer to see which one you like more. Those are definitely ways you can go about it. Would that be something you're interested in?
"Yeah, I guess."

4.  What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?

"No idea really, I'm just expecting it to be like a normal presentation."

5.  What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?

"What would you consider the most hectic part of senior year?"

The most hectic part is probably the deadlines. Senior year could be a breeze if you follow deadlines, but if you fall behind and procrastinate to catch up, then before you know it you could be in a deep hole. I suppose the answer to your question is really dependent on the person and their senior project topic. For some it may be hard to find mentorship, so their hectic part would be that, for others it could be research, and for some it just could be deadlines. If I could give you advice, I would just say try to stay on top of things. Meet your deadlines. The deadlines are not spread so thin that it is unrealistic for you to meet them, it is just people procrastinate and complain to much. The deadlines are totally reasonable, so follow them and you should be on a good path. Do you have any other questions for me?

"Not really."

Ok well thank you Victor for your time. I just want to put out there that the purpose of this was for me to help you. If you ever need advice on your senior project now or even next year, then feel free to shoot me a text or call me. Here's my number...and once again, I'm here to help you be it now in high school or even if I'm in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment