Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? In my 2hr, I am most proud of my 2nd activity in which at the end, it was clearly visible that everyone felt relaxed. 
Why?
It was apparent that a majority of the people were relaxed. There were smiles everywhere, and a general good vibe being emitted from everyone. It was personally satisfying to see everyone so relaxed. When the classed felt relaxed, I felt relaxed. I heard side comments of people telling their neighbors that they felt good, and that made me happy and proud to know that I was able to share and convey the practice that I love with them. More so than that, they responded well to my love for yoga.


(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE-/P+      

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

P

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
Research really worked. I found the research articles I found very beneficial in explaining the details of how the body undergoes stress, and how yoga counteracts that. Research showed me breathing techniques like Ujjayi breathing in detail. I feel like my research really complimented my practice in the studio. 

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
I would have tried to find a mentorship in a yoga studio sooner. By finding a studio sooner, I simply would have been able to learn and perfect more poses. I would have been able to learn more alignment, and establish better relationships with the instructors. I spent the first semester taking classes at a 24 hr fitness. Looking back, it really didn't help me advance in my practice, so if I could, I would have liked to stop sooner, and find a studio to take classes instead. 

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples. 
The senior project has thought me to research thoroughly, and to be proactive and to be proactive and get things done yourself. For example, when looking for mentorship, when I realized that emails wouldn't cut it, I had to go to each studio and ask in person. I had to take charge and go do something I'm not comfortable in in order to take charge of my education. In terms of my senior project, I have learned to manage my stress in multiples ways. I now know a lot of proper alignment techniques, and I know breathing techniques as well. I am unsure if I want to pursue becoming a certified yoga teacher as a side job, but I am positive that I will continue to take classes when I'm in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment